Return to Menu page The present state of the church owes a great deal too major restoration work carried out in the 19th century. During this work the tower was rebuilt and a 6 CWT bell installed. Up to that time the tower was a heap of rubble. Further repairs were carried out in 1972. Before the tower was rebuilt the bell was housed in a small cot above the porch. Until 1880 the church had a thatched roof which had fallen into disrepair. Major fundraising gathered in £436. 0.0. So allowing the roof to be replaced. Around this […]
Return to Menu page Belton Church held a Who cares event on the 28 & 29th July 2014 in aid of local groups. The Belton & District Historical Society had a small stand at the event in aid of local communities’ with the Chairman there on the first day and the Secretary the next.